domingo, 13 de diciembre de 2009

ITALY

Country of ups and downs, truffle and dry sandwiches… you’ve surely taken a lot from me, and in the end I suppose you taught me a hell of a lot as well. Particularly drinking wine hoho!
Now, six months exactly, I think. When I first arrived I was this young boy with a dream and shitting my pants from fear. The panic went away, but I have to admit I’m still a bit afraid. Life has changed so much and so little. And this experience if not used correctly will easily fall into obscurity.
I learnt not to trust people. I learnt that sometimes battles can be lost, and I learnt that sometimes losing a battle does mean winning a war. I stayed trying overcome what I thought was a restaurant myth. But no, it was just managed by pretencious bastards. People who saw us (stagists) as stupid cheap labor.
That meant a battle never to be won.
And now, though, I think and hope that the new fears of coming back will prove unfounded. I pray that my debts on the financial but more importantly on the spiritual, to myself and others, will be paid with interest… man, the feeling that consumes me comes in the form of a golden M… that’s where I’ll never end up, what it represents is the death of my soul. (by the way I`ll be using they’re wi-fi in a few seconds hehe)
Still… concerning Italian food
-they have no clue that spices exist.
-they really don’t have a variety… and when u find it it’s so overpriced that it`s almost unreachable. Really, who said good food has to be expensive? In the means of paying 10 euros (15 dollars present time) should represent a very very decent dish in any other part of the world!
So that disappointed, lack of laughs. Lack of fun. Lack of food… irony? I bet
And a new reason comes now, I did find the glamourous and beautiful side of cooking after all… from people and sources never expected... I understood that sometimes, adrenaline, emotion and beauty come from simplicity. That life betrays you but somehow manages to amaze you.
I give my most sincere goodbye to this country, hoping that all the disappointments will, at some point, become tools to overcome, tools to become, and tools to succeed.
I did find a cheap awesome knife though hohooo

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario